With the global pandemic we are experiencing, there has been changing border relations and limited transportation availabilities. While this can vary from place to place, possible shipping delays can occur at various destinations.
Although reports change from week to week (Dependant on outbreaks, lockdowns, transportation availability and shipping companies across the world) the following estimates are the reports we have been seeing from shipping companies in late April.
- Shipments within Ontario are experiencing delays up to 5 business days
- Shipments within Montreal are experiencing delays up to 4 business days
- Shipments within BC are experiencing delays up to 2 business days
- For Priority and First Class Mail services shipments delayed on average by an additional 1-2 business days
- Parcel Select and Media Mail (ground shipments) are seeing severe delays for delivery and tracking updates
International shipments seem to experience the most delays as various countries take precaution measures to minimize the spread of the virus. It is important to understand that for international orders the shipments will likely travel to multiple countries before arriving at its destination. While the disruptions varies from country to country and is heavily dependant on availability of flights, it is encouraged to seek out latest updates from the destination country postal service for the most accurate information.
With the following countries in particular, packages will be transported by sea to combat the lack of available flights and may cause delays of approximately 7-12 business days:
- Czech Republic
Thank you very much for your patience and support. Stay safe!